Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How long a person can live with esophagul varices ?

my 70 year old father has cirrohsis, he will not see a doctor. he has swollen stomach, major weight loss, and is now vomitting large amounts of blood. i believe he has esophagul varices, he is still drinking alcohol every day. i would like to know how long a person with these conditions can live? and is there a way to make a person see a doctor against their will?
Asked On : Sat, 31 Dec 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi i am dr usman
espohageal varices can be very life threatening as they have a tendency to bleed . when they will bleed it is difficult to say. life expectancy not only depends upon varices but other factors like liver functioning, immune status, body reserves . i think you should talk to him about his life, and try to make him realize how much his life is important to you, may be he listens to you and decides to see a doctor. thanks
Answered: Sun, 9 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor