Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

How long I have to take this pcod treatment ?

i am taking pcod treatment for last 3 months, but i want a early pregnancy it is possible. how long i have to take this treatment. taking Metformin folic acid tablets. my period due also 6 days over but i take hcg test it will come nega result. when can i take this test again pls help me
Asked On : Thu, 23 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hi. Welcome To HealthcareMagic

Are you getting regular periods? If the periods are irregular, you may have anovulation. That means the egg may not get released. So having regular periods and ovulation is important to conceive.

Metformin will help regularize the cycles. If you not conceiving, you can request other medicines from your Gynecologist which regularize the cycles. After that you may have chances of getting pregnancy. Usually 6 -9 months medicines will regularize the cycles and increases the chances of pregnancy.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Thu, 23 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor