Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

How is tissue removal surgery for ulcer ?

Hi, my girl friend had abdominal pain from a while, and about a year ago the doctor discovered that she has helicobacter pylori. and lately her doctor said that she has ulcer but the pain remained and the treatments didn t work. yesterday the doctor made a Gastroscope and today she said she has to do a surgery to remove the inner tissues affected from the stomach... could that be an ulcer or something else? and if so what can it be? my girl friend age is 25
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Rami

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Your girlfriend probably has an ulcer disease.The treatment plan would be a combined antacid(PPI s) and antibiotic to eradicate H.pylori ,.A biopsy of ulcer would be taken while gastroscopy is done.If this treatment cannot relieve the symptoms there are surgical option available.Her doctor must have decided on surgery.
Please get back to us with more information on what she is planning for and we can help you better.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor