Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

How is bulky and elongated uterus treated ?

my wife was diagonised with bulky and elongated uterus in ultra sound report,one of the gneccologtic docter have said that she has edision of intestine but there were no signs in ultra sound report i could find that to wich specialist doctor should i refer her,she has pain in her abdomine,even she want to go frequent toilet ,but she is enable to do only few drop of toilet ,plese sugest me what to thid case ,and to which docter should i consult.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  576
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
bulky uterus itself will not cause bowel disturbances and pain. But if associated with intestinal adhesions pain can occur.
According to the symptoms given by you I am thinking that your wife may be having irritable bowel syndrome.
Irritable bowel syndrome, in this disorder the patient normally presents with cramping abdominal pain, bloating sensation, constipation or diarrhea.
One of the symptom is constipation. The patient suffering with this experience difficulty in passing stools, pain or straining during bowel movements, not able to eliminate stools or only small amount can be eliminated sometimes as mucus.
The treatment mainly involves making dietary changes, avoiding stress. Laxatives and antispasmodics can be used to get relief from symptoms.
You have to consult physician regarding this, in case of adhesions you consult gynecologist.
take care
Answered: Thu, 26 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor