1. Anxiety is the commonest cause of heart flutter but firstly one should exclude:
(Thyroid function test).
- Arrhythmias (ECG and Holter monitoring).
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
(blood sugar to exclude hypoglycemia
- Anemia (Hemmoglobin level).
Please check with a Cardiologist
2. If pulse and heart appear normal then most important cause will be anxiety and will be managed accordingly.
3. Avoid excess of tea/coffee. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Avoid mental strain.
4. Take tablet Stressan or Mentat or Brahmi vati: 2 tablet at bed time
5. Atrial fibrillation
(AF) is diagnosed based on the medical/family history, systemic physical examination, and the results from tests and procedures.
PS. Since AF does not cause signs or symptoms, thus it may be found during a physical exam or electrocardiogram test done for another purpose.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Munish Sood