How is an infected keloid operated and drained?

I have a keloid on my belly button when I had a gallbladder surgery. For the last 2 days, it's been very painful and reddish. When I went to my doctor, she said it might be infected because there is something hard under it. She gave me antibiotics for 10 days and she said if the antibiotic is not gonna work, it might have to be open up and drain it. Can you tell me how they will open it up?
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

If the lesion/swelling is fluctuant, they open it by incising under sterile aseptic conditions. Incision could be done by a scalpel and blade and they will drain the pus.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards,
Dr. Siva Subramanian