Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How is allergic rhinitis treated ?

I am suffering from nasal and throat conjugation and nasal bleeding, Sometimes my eyes are swelling and etching. I have gone through various check up, but no disease has been detected. However, a medicine specialist told me that I am suffering from allergic rhinitis and prescribed me to take Montek LC for 6 months. Is it the proper treatment of this disease or any others? Nasal bleeding and eye swelling has been stopped after taking Montek LC.but the nasal conjugation is still now.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Probably what you received is not an appropriate treatment as all of your symptoms have not been relieved
With the available information it is not possible to say what exactly is your disease. Most probably you have sinus infection. In sinus infection anti-allergy treatment may relieve some symptoms
However you better show to an ENT specialist
Take care
Answered: Sun, 29 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jeevanjyot Bahia's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM,
your Medical specialist has rightly detected it as allergic rhinitis along with allergic symtoms and rightly put you on Montek LC which is a combination of Mast cell stabilizer and anti allergic combination which is given for a long period for your symptoms. Do visit an ENT physician to rule out symtoms of deviated nasal septum which may aggravate your symptoms.Also get Serum IgE levels to rule out systemic allergy.
Answered: Fri, 4 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor