Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

How is a broken knuckle treated ?

Hi I broke the bone in my hand behind my pinkie knuckle sep of 2010. I ended up having a plate put in to keep it in place to heal the bone together. The plate is still in there I went to therapy for 6 months got all the normal movement back expect for the knuckle behind the pinkie. The knuckle is larger now and can be extremely painful at times and barely bends. I have worked it like they did at therapy but it hasn t got any better. Is there anything I can do to help it? If it matters how I broke it I tripped running up steps and tried to to get my hand out and laned on my knuckles basically like punching the step. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
1. Need to see your Pre-operative and Post-operative Xrays of your hand.
2. Need to see the extent of scar over your knuckle,
3. Usually physiotherapy is given to gain function in such cases.
Answered: Thu, 3 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor