How i get rid of whooshing & heart-beat sound in one ear ?

I hear a whooshing, heart-beat sound in one ear. What s that about and how do I get rid of it?
Tue, 5 Jul 2011
's  Response
You may have problems with so called pulsatile tinnitus. Tinnitus is a disorder in which a person hears sound when nothing’s causing it externally (when there is no such sound). This sound may be perceived as whistling, ringing or maybe even machinery sound. Pulsatile tinnitus is a disorder when you experience the noise sound with the heart beat and you may perceive it as a heartbeat. It has been found that this happens when the blood flow in the vessels near the ear alter. These vessels may be large arteries and veins in the neck and base of the skull and smaller ones in the ear itself. This may happen when blood flow in the body increases like it does during exercise or anemia. It may also happen when some of the blood vessels narrow, so the surrounding vessels need to carry more blood and this increased flow causes the noise or if arteries harden and blood does travel smoothly as it usually does and this turbulent flow may cause the noise. You should address a doctor about this and have some proper exams. They would perform hearing tests, check blood vessels, and probably order some sort of imaging tests like an ultrasound, mri, ct scan, mra, etc Your treatment would depend on the cause.