How high should you let your blood pressure get before going to the Emergency Room?

How high should you let your blood pressure get before going to the Emergency Room? I am out of the bp meds that I am suppose to take if the top number gets over 160 and I can t see a dr again until the end of July (free clinic, no insurance) My bp is 197/123 and I have had a headache for 2 days. I just need some information as to what is considered stroke level and if this is considered an ER situation. I really can t pay for another big hospital bill, but I also am worried. My bp has been steadily increasing since I ran out of that one medicine, but I still am taking to others that don t seem to be helping. Is this high enough to justify going to the ER again or should I wait?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009