How effective is the pull out method in preventing pregnancy?

My husband and I haven’t been using condoms only the spill out method he thinks he wasn’t quick enough this weekend & my thyroid levels are very off right now, as I do not have a thyroid I take a replacement pill. what are the chance of me being pregnant ? Should I still take plan b ??
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Pull out method has risk of escaping few sperms before withdrawal / Precum before actual ejaculation is known to carry few sperms. So withdrawal method will not be considered to be safe.
If you take plan B within 72 hours of sex you would escape the chance of pregnancy.
Thanks.