How does altitude affect breathing?

I have aching legs and shortness of breath especially when I go up an incline. I have had this for a couple of years. MD says cardio and lungs check out ok except for mild asthma. It seems to be getting worse. could you give me an idea what it might be. I do have fibromyalgia. thank you
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

According to history you are having mild asthma and so it can lead to dyspnea on exertion. According to my opinion you should consult pulmonologist for spirometry examination and according to spirometry report we can decide further management. Kindly check your CBC report also to rule out anemia.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.