How does Overall and Cycloset medication help to conceive in case of PCOD?

Hi Doctor..I had PCOD and doctor gave me ovrall tablet for 6 months. After the completion of 6 months course I stopped using overall tablets. Then my periods became normal for 4 months. After 4 months, PCOD started again ie, periods occuring twice in a month.So my blood count went to 10 mg. Doctor told me to reduce my weight. Then I reduced my weight from 58 kg to 54 kg. My height is 5.3 ft. Now i am having ovrall tablet of one mouth course. After the completion of this one month course, I am advised to have cycloset syrup for one month. I have no children. So doctor told me that you can do an ultrasound scan for abdomen and pelvis after the completion of cycloset syrup consumption. Doctor told me that everything will be fine and need not to worry and you can try for getting pregnant. But I have no hope. Please give me a good suggestion doctor.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

According to your description, the possible suggestions that can help you are:
-Using pills containing estrogen with Cyproterone acetate with antiandrogen property is better than Ovral L in cases, especially PCOD with hirsutism. If you are not getting the significant effect with Ovral L you can try this with your doctor's advice.
-You can continue Cycloset syrup as advised by your doctor, which by containing Bromocriptine helps decreasing insulin resistance which is one of the factor of PCOD.
-You have to continue physical exercise which will also help in treating.

Please repeat ultrasound as your doctor told and hopefully you may recover from PCOD and plan pregnancy as you wish.

Hope I have answered your query and I will be happy to answer any further follow-up queries.