How does BP limit you physically and any direction in which we should go ?

How does BP limit you physically, and what can and can't you do (as in excersise)? JW. My dad has high BP, and he only walks (treadmill). Says it s all he s medically allowed to do. But he never increases the intesity fo his workout, he s been doing the same damn thing for a month now. I understand his time constrictions, but he s making no effort. He could possibly step up the speed a bit? or is that bad? He hasn t had a checkup since he started regular workouts. My mom and I tried to get him into yoga and pilates, but he s just not interested. Any direction in which we should go? or is his desicion up till now medically correct? Cheers @ sue: sorry if I pissed you off. lol. I realise it s his body, and he can do what he wants. But its mainly the fact taht he doesn t admit it. I KNOW, that he s a quitter. Im just trying to push him. Any personal trainer would do the same. probably more agressively. I do it more calmly, yet he doesnt listen. How is it that when parents push their unwilling kids to do better its for their own good but when its in reverse its a bad thing ?
Sun, 20 Dec 2009