Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

195 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How do you treat a deep vein thrombosis while also having high BP ?

how do you treat a deep vein thrombosis while also having high blood pressure? My Dad has a pen size deep vein thrombosis,high blood pressure that began after a recent fall in which he broke a thin bone under his eye(surgically repaired),b/p is 177-200 over 90-110. He has 40% kidney function .What is the best way to treat the high blood pressure while keeping the thrombosis from getting larger or breaking loose and causing an embolism?Do all these afflictions somehow coincide with each other ?
Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
He needs to see his doctor. These things cannot be answered over the internet. Since your father has decreased kidney function, the medication will need to be appropriately adjusted by a physican. Go talk to a doctor.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....