Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

How do you cope with the death of a close person ?

How do you cope with the death of a close person ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
There are on simple or magic answers. What you are actually talking about is coping with grief. It is important to realize that acknowledging the grief promotes the healing process. Time and support help the grieving process, allowing an opportunity to appropriately mourn this loss. Guidelines that may help resolve grief: Allow time to experience thoughts and feelings openly to self. Acknowledge and accept all feelings, both positive and negative. Use a journal to document the healing process. Confide in a trusted individual; tell the story of the loss. Express feelings openly. Crying offers a release. Identify any unfinished business and try to come to a resolution. Bereavement groups provide an opportunity to share grief with others who have experienced similar loss. If the healing process becomes too overwhelming, seek professional help. These links may help you. Take care.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor