Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

How do you check for breast cancer? Need MRI or ultrasound?

Hi Doctor I am a high school student renrolled in an pre-med program at my school. I have a project for my physical assessment class and was wondering when you ausculate the breasts for cancer , what instruments do you use to examine the patient. Do you use and MRI , ultra sound , or do you just check by using an stethoscope? Much would be appreicate.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Thank you for asking your question at HCM.

First of all we do not auscultate the breast, we palpate the breasts. For students in high school we do not do any imaging tests (unless they present with some specific problems). If you want to assess their breasts, the best would be to involve a breast surgeon, who can palpate their breasts (if they have any symptoms).
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor