How do they perform ECGs or a.k. a EKGs ?

How do they perform ECG's? or a.k.a EKG's?
Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy
Simple but very useful test electodes are placed to each upper and lower limb also 6 chest leads are applied and machine records electrical potentials in specific 12 leads. this can be interpreted by physician to know the various abnormalities conditions like angina and heart attack are detected by this test
dharmveer's  Response
They hook up one electrode to each arm and leg and then a series of electrodes across the front of your chest in a preset pattern. The machine does the rest and records a total of 20-30 seconds of your heart beat in a standard format.