If you go to a doctor he will put you on medication. Once on medication you may need it forever to control the High blood Pressure. Sometimes they take you off when you ask if you can prove you are controlling it without meds. It is a vicious circle once you start meds.
So the best way to control it is naturally. Here are some ways:
1. Regular exercise. Walking is excellant so is swimming.
2. Better Diet. Eat more fruits and veggies and less fat, meat, and sugar. Eatting too much regularly is also a contributer.
3. More Quality Sleep. Your body needs 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. If you are not getting adequate sleep your body suffers along with your blood pressure.
4. Reduce Stress. Stress is one of the biggest factors in High Blood Pressure. Your body produces too much adrenaline and cortisol (the flight or fight syndrome) which affect your whole body. Meditation will help or nature walks or reading or just sitting in your backyard relaxing.
5. Vitamin, Mineral Supplements and some Herbs. If your body is not getting the right combo of these you will not be in the best of health and the blood pressure is one of the first indicators. Talk to a Nutritionist and Herbalist. Some common Herbs (natural) can lower blood pressure. I highly recommend taking Liquid supplements and green food and mangesium and calcium.
6. Reduce Salt / Sodium intake. Salt is in most everything. Read the labels and dont add salt. If you eat out often you are getting triple the salt you would get if fixing food at home.
7. Drink more Water. You must get 8-10 glasses a day in normal weather. More in hot weather. This flushes the body.
All of these in combination will lower the Blood Pressure. If you genes make you prone to high readings it may take a bit more work but you can still do it naturally. If you take meds the Drug companies make money and they along with the doctors do not want you to get well. That is how they make a living.
Also try this item:
Grapefruit Solution (capsule form)
All natural rind and pith of grapefruit. It does work if used regularly.
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
hai iam 40yrs old lady having thyroid and bp and for the past 20 days my bp was shooting and i had med yesterday only and today though it has reduced i have more palpatation and my pulse rate is very high as 110 and i also have lungs problem for which i take medicines in need help me out for how to continue medication and what is the normal pulse rate
I am Hypertension patient for the last 15 year On medication ATEN 25 mg (Atenolol 25) for 15 years Last month I had master checkup and after review of ECG my other doctor prescribed me Met XL 25(Metoprolol Succinate extended release) Please tell me difference between these two drugs.
I was given a prescription for Benicar but the information sheet said not to take if you are diabetic and have kidney problems. I do not have high blood pressure and am afraid to take this medicine. was told this would protect my liver. what should I do?
Hi, My Name is Ravi Ku Sharma, I am 56 year old, In the age of 42 i had of attack of hypertension (220/120) bp cause bleeding from nose whole night.I started taking BP pills, after some hour my whole body get itching.Today my all joints having skin problem..What should i do..Please suggest. Thanks & Best Regards, Ravi Kumar Sharma
i am 55, female, height 5 6. weight-90.. suffering from high bp for last two months with bp ranging from 160/85 to 170/95 even after taking medicines like telsateran, amloguard, alphadopa, targit 80 every day. i hav been hospitalised twice within this period before medication experincing shortness of breath, dryness of throat, dizziness etc. i hav been detected LVH . trop T was negative. what should i do?
Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...
Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...