How do i increase baby weight during pregnancy ?

hello dr. i need how to increase baby weight pergnancy period..now 8 months going on
Fri, 6 May 2011
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The normal infant weight (in India) is around 2.8Kg.
Anything less than 2.5Kg can be termed as low fetal weight.
Maternal nutrition and weight gain is directly related to newborn weight.
Also weight gain depends on pre pregnancy BMI (body mass index).

1. Haemoglobin should be > 11.5 (increase intake of green leafy vegetables, dry fruits, jaggery and fruits like pomogranate, Guava, Pears and citrus fruits)
Vitamin C in citrus fruits helps in iron absorption.
2. Small frequent meals with proper calorie distribution is important.
3. Balancing fluids like Tender coconut water, fruit, vegetable juices can improve electrolytes which inturn balance the fluid in the womb.

Dr.Sneha.N
Sama Wellness Clinic

Disclaimer*