• question-icon

How do I treat constant high blood pressure ?

I am 65yrs old and i have been suffering from high Blood Pressure since the age of 60years.At present my blood pressure systolic is around 150 170 and diastolic 72 85.And somtimes I feel too much uncomfortable or uneasiness for listening or hearing any minor unpleasant information . It is also indicated occasionally by light pain in left chest for 15 30minutes.Please advice me regarding treatment of this problem for permanent cure.thank you very much HI , I am 65 yrs old and I have been suffering from high blood pressure since the age of 60years . At present my blood pressure systolic is in between 150-170 and diastolic is around 72-85. And sometimes I feel too much uncomfortable or uneasiness for listening or hearing any minor unpleasant information . It is also indicated occasionally by light pain in left chest for 15-30minutes .I normally take walk for 1/2 hr to a distance of 1.5-2mile in the evening, but still my blood pressure get decreases by 20 only . Please advice me regarding treatment of this problem for permanent cure . Can you please inform me your phone no. and addresse if you like .
Sat, 14 Jan 2012
hi,
welcome to health care magic forum,
your blood pressure is not in control as it should be,you have not mentioned whether are you taking any medicine for that or not.if you are taking, dose should be revised,now trend is that BP should remain 120\ 80.with medicine.
as you sometime get pain in chest, it may be due to coronary insufficiency.
best advise is that you consult physician and seek his advise for investigations,like ecg,lipid profile etc and treatment.