Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

170 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How do I overcome social anxiety?

Hello, I am a 24 year old male who exercises regularly and I have a pretty good balanced diet. I experience brain fog and fatigue when I am out in public, like for example in a group meeting. I also have pretty bad anxiety and feel like others around me are uncomfortable with my presence. I d have trouble breathing and my thoughts would constantly be elsewhere and not focused on the actual topic that is being talked about. How can I go about to fix this?
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It seems you are a chronic worrier, don't think so much. Why should people not like your presence, its not like that. Try to mix with others for that you need to stop being an introvert, have no fears about their likes or dislikes. Let go a inferiority complex if any. Try to stop being alone, avoid alcohol, prefer jogging and enjoying happy music. Positive thinking will let go your anxiety triggers. You can join a gym or go seriously pursuing some hobby that you love. However, if you need further help you can consult a psychiatrist & take anti-anxiety medications or mood elevators. You can also visit an anxiety disorder therapist to get some assistance. Your problem is minor try to control your situation with healthy lifestyle changes. Hope I have answered your query.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Nupur K
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, my daughter has something like anxiety attack when she has to talk or perform publicly. She s 22 years old, she is in DPT postgrad program. She gets excellent results on written tests, and unsatisfied on test when she has to perform publicly. What would you recommend?

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor, My child is 3.4 year old & he is very angry every time , also he is not mix with other children and when we force him he bit himself & crying. he is afraid of children of his same age group. before 6 months back we have started funil as per doctor advise & he become normal but when we stopped again everything started. His weight is 10 kg. we both are very worried about this. can you suggest how can we overcome.

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, I am male aged 44 years vegetarian. Height 175 cm, weight 78 kg doing Government job. Since childhood, I have been suffering from Anxiety problem. It seems to be social anxiety. I have been taking treatment since 1998 till date. I went to psychiatrists and psychotherapists. But in vein. I went to CBT, Hypnotherapy, Talking therapy, RTMS and all sorts of therapies. Presently I am taking Rivotril 2 mg one tablet in a day. My present problem is I am unable to express my facial expressions freely. I get nervous and shows its symptoms on face. My jaws become freeze and unable to express my facial expressions freely. It becomes hurdle in my life. How to overcome this problem. Kindly advise any ayurvedic or herbals to overcome this problem. Waiting for early reply.