Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How do I know if I have genital herpes ?

last month i went to the gyno because i had an intense itch on my vulva that i had for ten days. it was red and irritated. my doctor gave me a cream that i used for four days that seemed to help. i discontined use after the four days because i had gotten my period. that ran its course and for the week after that it seemed to have cleared completely. then the itch came back and its been two weeks of itching again. i used the cream but this time it seemed to do nothing or make it worse. it not itchy on as much of the vulva as last time but its driving me crazy. my clitoris as well seems slightly swollen. i have another appointment tomorrow but im feaking out its herpes . i havent had sex in a year and as far as i know couldnt have gotten it but i guess you never know. i was just wondering, from what i have said, can it be herpes?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Only itching does not mean herpes,It needs to have some eruption over the local region and as you have mentioned it does not seem you have any eruptions over the region.This condition is known as "pruritis vulva".you can take graphites 1m 1 dose for 4 tabs once and wait for 2 days.You can apply coconut oil locally for dryness of the vulval skin.
After that if you have any problems you can consult homeopathic doctor for further help
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
  User's Response
hiii mam,

Good morning.

**If you have intense vulval itching along with abnormal vaginal discharge (curdy white/frothy & profuse), it may be due to Trichomoniasis or Moniliasis or some type of STD. So need to investigate a Urine test for R/E & M/E, Blood sugar and culture of discharge+ a VDRL test.

T/t :1)maintain personal hygiene and cleanliness of your genitalia 2) take healthy diet and wt control with plenty of fluid 3) take medicine like Tab Metrogyl 400 TDS for 7 days + Tab Azithromycin 500mg OD for 3days. or Tab Fluconazole 150mg Once in a wk for 6 wks (in Moniliasis) 4) use condom and practice safe sex.

***If you don't have any abnormal discharge,only intense itching on vulva +redness with irritation (PRURITUS VULVA)....may be due to fungal infection or unhygienic condition.

T/t:1)maintain personal hygiene and cleanliness of your genitalia 2) take healthy diet and wt control with plenty of fluid 3)wear loose and cotton underwear 4) Take medicine like Tab Fluconazole 150mg Once in a week for 6 wks +apply local cream 5) Do above tests and take measures according to result.

All the best.
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor