Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

How do I know if I have contracted the HIV virus ?

dear sir i was in poland last month. there did sexual contact with woman. now i am in india . i have pain in my body . my eyes gets infected . seems very red. but i dont have fever , head ache . am i infected by hiv . suggest for further
Asked On : Sat, 23 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Dear Aja,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Was it a Safe sex?

hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS has a very long latent period, that is, it will show the symptoms only after a few years after the exposure.

So these symptoms will not be of AIDS.

For HIV Testing, do it after two more months. You can contact ICTC Centres at your region for free testing

Contact me for more information or guidance

Wish you Good Reproductive & Sexual Health
With Warm Regards,

Dr. A CHAKRAVARTHY MBBS; MBA; (MHSc Reproductive & Sexual Medicine)
Answered: Sun, 24 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor