Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How do I increase my height by a few inches ?

hello sir i m 23yrs old girl. i want to increase my height 2-3inch. is any treatment or medicine for increase my height?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  295
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response

At this age of yours most of the bones would have fused and it is difficult to increase your height. There are no proven medicines which can increase your height. Lots of spurious drugs are available in the market which makes false promise of increasing the height, never get carried away it. Try aerobics, this might be of some help.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Mon, 14 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Srividya Rao Vasista's  Response
Hi there,
Height is totally genetically determined. once growth centers fuse height cannot be changed. There is a limb-lengthening surgery but not advisable
Thanks & take care
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
As now you are 23 yrs fusion of your bones might be complete so less chance of increase ;if your height is somewhere about 5 ft plus anything then i feel you should be satisfied .Please note that height has a genetic background so if your parents & grandparents are not very tall even you will have height accordingly.Don't get disheartened Even Salmaan Khan/Aamir Khan /Sachin Tendulkar have less height but still they have achieved name/fame and tall stature which people envy.
Answered: Mon, 14 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor