Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How do I help my mother as she is over protective ?

I am 17 years old and I live in Ashland, Kentucky. I would like to have confidentiality with my gynecologist . I ve heard something about hippa laws but know nothing about them. I was sure that because of my age I could have confidentiality with my doctor but my mother always goes back with me and gives them her contact information rather than my own so my doctor calls her with results and such. What can I do to solve this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Your mother is protective about you as any other mother because she thinks u r still young.U need to take your mom in confidence.I do understand your curiosity about your own problem but your mom must b doing it for your sake.I dont think there is any relation between HIPAA and your problem.HIPAA is health insurance law about which dnt have much idea.Take care.
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor