Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

How do I get rid of malar rash due to photosensitivity? Using hydrochloroquinone for lupus

how to get rid of the malar rash due to photosensitivity . i have the rash on my cheeks. i have been using Hydrochloroqunione tablets for supressing the lupus flares but it is not giving me results. Also i use momate cream sparingly (very minimal) if the inflamation is a lot. I use a sunblock with Tinosorb M, Tinosorb S. Octocrylene and Zinc Oxide . Am i missing something? Please help.
Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
There is nothing to be worried about.
Continue the medication .You are on right track.
Continue sunscreen and HCQ use.

Get routinely tested for hemoglobin and ANA profile.
Keep doing eye examination every 6 monthly.HCQ can affect eyes badly .Keeping track of eye is important.
Visit a qualified dermatologist or physician for proper treatment and follow up.

Hope this helps.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor