Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How dangerous is heart bypass surgery ?

My dad has to go undergo heart bypass surgery ? Should I be worried ? On a scale from 1-10 how bad is this?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Hey girl, It's serious, but on the other hand this has become a routine operation. You mum or dad should be able to tell you what the doc said the risks were and of what. The mortality (people dying) during or just after this surgery are VERY low. You can be worried, but don't get all nutty because of it. This is one of the few times when your dad really needs you, so just be supportive and try to stay calm. Visit him as much as you can and ask what you can do to help around the house when he does return home. It's always a shock when you realize your parents are mortal and may not be around forever. It sounds already like you're close to your dad, but this may just be an opportunity to get to know him better.
Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor