Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

How could urine infection be treated ?

i have urine infection 2 yaers ago..after 6 months i have a feeling like very small burning while urinating ...but not pain when i dindnt drink much water or didnt urinate for long time...wt must i do..
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello amila;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The infection in urine you suffered is quite old and the complaint you have presently is not urinary infection but it is due to lack of water or due to holding urine for a long time as the urine gets concentrated so you may have a little burning.So there is the answer in your question and you should drink more water daily to avoid this and to remain healthy.
Answered: Mon, 11 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Amila, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

You History suggests you still have the Urinary Tract Infection. Kindly get yourself examined by a Physician, who shall examine you and suggest a Urinalysis and Blood work up to rule out the Infection. Once confirmed, you will require antibiotics, which you will have take as directed by your Doctor.

Drink plenty of water and stick to your treatment plan. Go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 11 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Amila Pradeep
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I guess You have urinary infection even now .Burning sensation while passing urine is a symptom of urinary infection.It is very frequent in women.
I advise you to visit your Gynecologist and get examined.She may advise you a course of antibiotic which is very essential to treat infection quickly.

Meanwhile , You should take adequate water (5-6 liters/day ) .Intake of fluids should be increased.Please maintain proper hygiene with your clothes and also partner.
You should get this treated properly , as chronic urinary infection can have effect on your kidney s and also your baby `s weight in pregnancy.
Hope I answered your question.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 11 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor