Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

How could i know i am suffering from high blood pressure?

how could i know i m suffering from high blood pressure? how could i know i m suffering from high blood pressure?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
It's the silent killer, there are really no visual signs. Health Tip: High Blood Pressure, a Silent Killer (HealthDay News) -- Blood pressure is the pressure of blood applied to the walls of the arteries when the heart beats (the top number -- called systolic pressure), and when it's at rest (diastolic pressure). Normal blood pressure for adults is considered less than 120 over 80, the American Heart Association says. Often there are no signs or symptoms of high blood pressure. Yet it directly raises a person's risks of heart attack and stroke. It's best to have your blood pressure checked at least once every two years, the association says. If you have high blood pressure, also called hypertension, your doctor may recommend changes in diet, getting more exercise, quitting smoking, and in some cases, medication. -- Deborah DiSesa Hirsch
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor