Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

197 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How could I stop facial rash from reoccurring ?

Hi Doctor, I am a 21 year old female (otherwise healthy) and have been having skin problems for over a year now. The skin below my eyebrows and the outer and inner corners of my eyes forms a rash every 1-2 weeks to the extent that I hardly ever have no rash on my face . The rash looks raw and red and has a distinct border, after a few days the rash becomes scaly and dry. No itchiness or any obvious causes/ stimuli . I am not allergic to anything that I am aware of. I have tried using dermol cream (clobetasol 0.05%) or franolon cream (fluocinolone acetonide 0.25mg and fradiomycin 3.50mg per gram of cream) however they don t really seem to make much difference to my rash. How could I stop the rash from reoccurring and are the two creams I am using safe to use around my eyes ? (as I heard that using steriod cream on eyelids could thin out the skin even more). Thanks so much.
Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
There is no appearant reason for your problem but there are possible reasons by which this can occur
If you use eye liner or rooze to your cheeks may give alergy to your eyes so stop its use.
recurrent procedure of eyebrow can produce to this problem.
Use of steroid cream better avoid,it wont be useful but will give dryness.
Apply soothing agent like Vaseline,if there is no response you consult dermatologist...
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
If your rash is due to any allergy it may give some clue by skin prick test but i doubt it will give any help.
Skin prick test gives good result when systemic allergy is there.
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Kindly let me know whether the lesion is bilateral or unilateral.And also I would like to know whether you use nail polishes.How bad is itching and what is the response to the creams you have used .At time we see cases who are allergic the nail polishes they use and get lesions over their upper eye lids(bilateral).Do you use mascaras or any eye liners .If you can let us know the above details then probably we can help you further.

I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response

well ,since there is no itching,then probably its a seborrheic dermatitis.This condition in certain cases is associated with dandruff.And it is seen in and around the eyebrows .But then if it was so then you should have responded to steroids which you have already used.
In such circumstances where diagnosis is not very clear,I would first go with a KOH testing to rule out fungal infection .This can be done at any pathology lab.If it comes positive then treat with any good anti fungal medicine.If it comes negative, then also I would firstly try and see the response with a oral anti fungal medicine (for 2wks) and the decide to give topical steroids.
Since all these medicines are not OTC preparations ,it is advisable to consult a dermatologist who can see the lesions and decide best.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....