How contagious is tuberculosis?

Hi there, Recently I had a contact with the person that I was not aware even she wasn t that she was infected and sick from tuberculosis. She is hospitalized now. what should I do, what is my first step to do? This has occurred maybe 4 weeks ago. I have been in contact with many people and my grand children:( since then having them kissing.I started panic in for my grandchildren.
Thu, 26 May 2016

Thanks for asking a question at HCM

I will be glad to answer it for you

Most of them have tuberculosis bacteria within us. We call active tuberculosis only when the person's immunity is weak, and the bacteria multiply many times to manifest the disease.

So, it is not like every person who comes in contact with an infected person gets infected.

So, be calm and assured.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya