How concerneed should I be about my husband BP ?

My husband just checked his blood pressure and it was 174 over106. How concerneed should I be. He is 50
Sat, 27 Aug 2011
's  Response
You should be very concerned. He needs to see a doctor. High blood pressure is a killer. I take meds myself because several family members lost their lives because they wouldn't take care of it by eating healthy and getting exercise and keeping their blood pressure in control.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
If this is for the first time your husband having this much bp ?
Then go for evaluation for bp.
If he is on antihypertensive medicine then change of the dose or medicine is required.
Consult your physician and seek advice.
ok and bye.