How can you lower your blood pressure without taking medication ?

Fri, 1 Apr 2011
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
hi
be happy go lucky type charector all High Bp will come done eat healty go veg,excercise regularly.
HMG
iwona's  Response
There are a number of things you can do to reduce your blood pressure either instead of medication or along with medication. Of course you should follow your doctor's instructions with regard to any medical treatment. There are some things that do help lower blood pressure: 1. Lose weight--get down to your appropriate body mass index (see http://www.consumer.gov/weightloss/bmi.htm) 2. Exercise. Moderate exercise--such as brisk walking--can help manage weight and blood pressure. 3. Eat the DASH diet. This is a diet that has been shown to reduce blood pressure. See http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/ (For more information on exercise and diet see http://www.webmd.com/content/article/17/1676_51611?src=Inktomi&condition=Fitness) 4. Relaxation exercises: Some people can lower blood pressure through relaxation (see http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/utsw/cda/dept16498/files/143155.html). Ten Ways to Reduce Stress and Relax: http://www.drweil.com/u/Article/M131/ Hope this is helpful to you!