Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
147 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can yeast infection be treated?

Yes, I thought I had a yeast infection and went to convenient care. They prescribed Diflucan, 2 pills, three days apart. However, I don t think it s gone. My last dose I took yesterday. My husband is having irritation also and he has been using Clotrimazole. He s been using it since Tuesday, and still it isn t gone.
Tue, 27 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for the query.I understand your concern
Genital yeast infection is treated by oral pills & vaginal presseries &ointment for external use of Fluconazole.... The dose & duration of treatment depends on severity & duration of complaints.
Both sex partners are to be treated simultaneously( WITH ABSTINENCE ) till full recovery .
Consult a gynecologist.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am 39 yrs old, 5 -1 and about 200lbs. I am a long-time sufferer with yeast infections and migraine headaches. Never had any STD’s and any...