How can worsening migraine that has lasted for 2 months be treated?

Hello, What is your opinion about the best way to relieve a patient that is having migraines for about 2 months. The last 2 weeks the headaches have been a daily event and are getting worse in intensity. A cat scan and their blood chemistry is normal. Thank you
Fri, 11 Jan 2019
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions. Pain relievers such as Aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) may help relieve mild migraines.Acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), also may help relieve mild migraines in some people.Drugs marketed specifically for migraines, such as the combination of acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine (Excedrin Migraine), also may ease moderate migraine pain. Triptans effectively relieve the pain and other symptoms that are associated with migraines. They are available in pill, nasal spray and injection form. Anti-nausea medications,opioids and steroids may be used in addition in severe cases. Also, you need to rest and relax and have good sleep. If there wont be improvement it would be good to do MRI scan and have neurological exam.
Wishing you good health. Regards