Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How can we cure the feeling of a unknown voice talking to my wife which makes her irritated ?

Dear Doctor my wife has a problem of some unknown voice talking to her continuously since 2005. i got married to her in 2008. we have a son 2yrs old. My wife is fighting with this strange voice who talks to her interfering her normal thinking, using slangs which she has never heard 24X7. She remains very irritated becoz of this. She is becoming MAD virtually. She also see dreams of someone having sex with her, toilets, shits, snakes etc. She says that someone has done black magic to her. It is true ? How can i help her get rid of this problem ? Please help me.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi Anonymous,
Welcome to
This is true that people can suffer from this kind of illness. (most likely one is Schizophrenia from description written by u)
They really hear a voices inaudible to others and have suspiciousness.
First important thing to help her is accept that this is kind of psychiatric illness which can be controllable but not curable (occurs due to chemical changes in brain),which requires attention of both doctors and caregivers.
Like Hypertension Diabetes this is also kind of chronic illness which requires prolonged treatment and regular follow up.Usually patient doesn't have insight into illness so they don't feel to take any medicine for same (as they feel its true or voices tell her that by giving medicine u trying to harm her)
There are many options that psychiatrist can help u by means of medicines,injections etc.
So pls take her to psychiatrist as earliest as possible,He will definitely help you to decrease the problem.
Answered: Wed, 1 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. The symptoms you report of i.e hearing voices that do not exist is referred to as hallucinations. This symptom along with suspiciousness point towards a psychotic disorder like paranoid schizophrenia. I would suggest a thorough psychiatric evaluation as soon as possible. Following this, effective anti-psychotic medication are available to tackle the condition. Wish her speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

  User's Response

It seems your wife is experiencing auditory hallucination. Auditory Hallucination is a condition where a person hears a voice which is not there. She also seems to be having a delusion (false and firm belief) of black magic. These symptoms suggest a form of psychosis. If this has been a consistent feature over these years, this could be Schizophrenia. However, please do not take this as a diagnosis. She needs to be evaluated by a Psychiatrist for diagnosis and treatment advice.

She may need to take treatment in the form of medicines (anti-psychotic medication, sedatives, etc.) for a long time, as her illness seems to be there since a long time now. Hope this helps. Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor