Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How can we cure encusted pneumothorax on pleural cavity ?

My father has a case of COPD and recent report of his shows that he has encusted pneumothorax on the left pleural cavity which requires decompression best method, open left thorax and sature the air leakage of the lung , consulting doctors advised for an open surgery , will this be advisable
Asked On : Sat, 4 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
I think you mean ENCYSTED PNEUMOTHORAX. Its a rather unusual complication of Athma which requires , the leakage to be sealed by opening the thorax. Doctors who do these procedures are mostly very well trained in performing these surgery. So go for this definitive treatment. best wishes
Answered: Sat, 4 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.For plugging the air leak,your thorax has to be opened.your doctors are right in advising open surgery.Go ahead.Every thing shall be all right.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Sat, 4 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor