Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can vertigo be treated?

I had vertigo a year ago and every since my right ear is fullness and ticking. I feel dizzy, unbalance all the time and my eyes are red, tired, hard to keep them open sometimes, these leads me to unable to do my normal daily activities. I have been seen doctors and specialists and they told me I have fluid in my inner ear and gave me triamterene (water pills) and I have been taking it for a year now but the symptom still the same. Please help me to treat this symptom as I am very tire of this kind of sickness. Thank you!
Wed, 31 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

We will try to help you in the best way possible. First of all, it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you need to be evaluated by ENT specialist for the possibility of benign positional vertigo and may need epilepsy manoeuvre and handpick manoeuvre counselling.

Medications like Betahistine may be helpful.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Road, authorities, stopped me driving, just because I took easy to turn right because of not busy traffic, and crossed white line, that was all,...