Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

How can urinary tract infections be treated in infants ? Does my child have UTI or a fungal infection ?

Treatment and diagnosis for urinary tract infection of my 11 month make baby my child is 11 months old. he is diagnosed with urinary tract infection on 8th of july 2011. Initially doc had prescribed Mahacef dry syrup and T-bact ointment for 5 days. on 9th urine sample was provided to the hospital and report was given to me today (14th July 11). Doc had told me that he is having fungal infection . What i realized from internet is that probably Mahacef will not be enough to treat him. i want your suggestion. please help me.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Mahacef is good antibiotic in bacterial infection but as your child is having fungal infection,this also should be treated.
Consult pediatrician for treatment.
Give enough water.ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor