How can twitching sensation on the right cheek be treated?

My right cheek on my face! Has on and off felt like it is twitching under the skin and feels strange. It is doing it now ,and is about the size of a 50p piece . I have presumed it is stress but it is very annoying , I was just googling to see if anyone else has it and how to stop it. This isn t a medical emergency so don t want to take your time. Are you are you a real doctor? If so how to stop my cheek feeling strange ? Thank you
Wed, 25 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I reviewed your query and here is my answer.
How old are you? Do you have a history of trauma? Do you have any other symptom along with it? Does it pain? There are two most common causes of such twitching. Either your calcium is low, in which case you may also feel numbness around the mouth. can be confirmed by serum calcium level. And it can be treated by drinking milk and taking calcium supplement. Or it may be due to trigeminal neuralgia which cause pain along with twitching and may need medication or local injection.
Hope i answered your question. Feel free to ask more if you need further assistance. Thanks.