Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
181 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can triple vessel disease be treated?

Sir, My name is VINOD, health issue for my mother.aged 64. We consulted cardio hospital in Palakkad kerala. My mother had triple vessel disease. And one valve MV is leaking. They sad its.severe leakage. And also 2 block is well. And one of them calcium block. And they suggest to undergo Bypass and valve replace or repair. Sir I want to know if there is any other solution for my mother without bypass surgery.??
Mon, 30 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

A triple vessel disease occurs in asymptomatic patients or those with mild or stable angina. Triple vessel disease with proximal LAD stenosis also occurs in patients with poor left ventricular (LV) function.

The above have mentioned the indications for cardiac bypass surgery. If you won't undergo surgery, then there is a severe cardiac dysfunction lead to severe morbidity and mortality. Please consult your cardiologist for further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, doctor. I am a Thai general practiced physician. I have a doubtful question to ask for more understanding. My mother, she is 64 years old....