How can throat pain be treated?

I burnt my throats while smoking weed once. My throat didn t start hurting until about a week later. But then it didn t stop. It s been a month now and I ve seen a couple a doctors and they said I need my tonsils removed. I m not sure if maybe it s just due to the burn and maybe I need more time for it to heal.
Fri, 20 Jan 2017
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Hi!
i read that you are consult with doctors and they have told you to remove your tonsiles.Before it i belive you must be a laboratoric test with material by your tonsiles in mikrobiologic laborator to see what is a really problem with them.If this test result with high risk infections in it you must removed it as soon as possible to prevent another complications!
Regard to you!