Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

How can this lump under my chin be removed ?

Hi I m 23 and have a lump under my chin it s small but doesn t hurt I m a bit worried it s something rely serious please help
Asked On : Tue, 10 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
  User's Response
you must write in detail how and when you noticed it. There are two general possibilities. 1. It may be a chronic infection of lower anterior teeth, get an IOPA x-ray for it. 2. It may be ranula, note if it swells whlie taking food, get it excised
Answered: Wed, 11 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcaremagic Forum

If the lump doesn't grow, no pain, no discharge, no pressure symptoms.. then nothing to worry.. If any of the above symptoms is there then , USG, biopsy may be needed to find the cause.. Surgery is simple Excision of the of the lump...
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor