Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

How can the severe pain in legs and back be relived ?

Hi my father is 48 years old, he worked a very long shift at work (about 16 hours) and came home barely able to walk. He can t sleep due to the pain in his legs or anything. His job isn t that hard it doesn t require buch physical work so we don t know what it could be... now he has a fever ... his legs are not just sore from walking they are severely sore and so is his back
Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello.Thanks for the question.First you need to check if there are any other symptoms other than just leg and back soreness.If there is swelling of legs with signs of inflammation then he might be having blood clot and in that case he needs to be seen by doctor sooner.If its just soreness without any other symptoms then he just needs rest,ice application and oral pain killers can help to reduce pain and make him able to sleep.I hope that answers your question.Regards.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor