Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

How can the buldge and bruise on my sons lower spine be cured ?

my 4 yr.old son has a constant buldge and bruise on his.lower spine. it doesnt seem to bother him, but it worries me. My 4. Yr old has a bruise and buldge on his lower spine that is constant. It doesn t seem to bother him, but it worries me.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  541
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Has he sustained any trauma or fallen down. Any weakness of his legs. Any problems passing urine. Better to get him examined by Neurosurgeon to rule out neural tube defect, nerve swellings or any other harmful cause to prevent any problems in his health.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

Thanks for your query.

It could be meningocele or meningomyelocele.

Condition wherein duramater has protruded in the form of a swelling in between spine defects.

If the size increases whenever the child cries or with anyother straining activity then it is surely any one of the above two conditions.

You need to visit either a Neurosurgeon or a Spine surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.


Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor