Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can swelling on the right side of the face be treated?

I had a fall...fell on right side of face and it looks like I have an abcess but there is no typical symtoms of an abcess....just bad bruising and swelling. I ve used ice packs and Arnica but the swelling has not really gone down at 3rd day now. There is a little pain when touching cheekbone upper areas but nowhere else. I used Cipro for abcess but I read that it is for bacterial fighting. Any suggestions about what else can be used to reduce the swelling? Thank you.
Fri, 13 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It is not definitely abscess when a soft tissue injury occurs there is increased blood supply to that part of the body and due to damage of blood vessels, soft tissue swelling occurs. Which is normal so don't worry, take NSAIDs and ice application it will heal.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhadresh Lakhani
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

The right side of my face is swollen, Went to the doctor office yesterday and he said something about salivary glands The antibiotics are not...