Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can swelling on the collar bone be treated?

my right collarbone has a lump, where it begins, and the whole bone is swollen, so it is larger than the collarbone on my left collarbone is normal.....i have no pain.....i fell down some stairs a year ago and was in severe pain in my left shoulder, arm and hand....hydro and physical therapy helped,and i thought i had recovered.....until i noticed the swelling about 2 months looks like i have osteoarthritis....i have arthritis in my hands and knees.....and i think in my neck from the fall neck is always painful when i turn my head.....i am 81 years question is what , if anything, can i do about the swelling in my collarbone, as it is very noticable....
Wed, 25 Jul 2018
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Probably you had fracture of collar bone when you had a fall and now it's healing hence the bump. kindly take X-ray.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi! I have gel like swelling in collar bone area and in line with the centre of my throat( swelling there too. My neck feels very stiff and painful and fat:( Also pain on the bone in the back of neck where your shoulders begin( in the centre) not sure what that big bone is called? Lol!

doctor1 MD

I have swelling on the right collar bone which is causing pain on the right side of my chest, upper shoulder and upper back. I was sexually active about 7 months ago and I have gotton a couple of sores around the outer area of my vagina and anal area but they have gone away and now they are back. What is this??

doctor1 MD

I was stung by a bee or a wasp, not sure which one. It landed on my collar bone and I thought it was a fly so I swatted it away and it stung me. My husband pulled out the stinger within 10 seconds of stinging me. I put ice on it immediately. I took Advil and Allegra for the next three days and the itchiness, swelling and redness went away. It has been 2 weeks since I got stung and now I m left with a small hard lump above my collar bone under the skin. No redness, no pain...almost like a cyst. Should I go see a Dr.? Also, I got stung in Thailand, should I get a Tentanus booster shot?!