Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can swelling in the vagina be treated?

I got off my period and let my boyfriend finger me and it was kinda rough. The day after my vagina was swollen I was having pinkish reddish heavy discharge and now its brown and has a horrible odor to it. Im taking antibiotics and it doesn’t seem to be working. Do you think it’s a tear? What can the doctors do / prescribe if I have a tear in my vagina or a irritation
Fri, 23 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Minor vaginal tears will heal by itself. Avoid sexual activity for a few days and keep the area clean. However, since you are complaining of discharge and bad odor, vaginal infection is a concern. A pelvic examination and vaginal swab microscopy, culture is recommended. Please follow up with your gynecologist for necessary evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello. I am 33 years old and sexually active. In the past year sometimes when I have sex I bleed, but it never continues afterwards, just directly...