How can swelling around skin grafts on the hands be treated?

Hi , My 8 years son was burn 22% ten months before.others area healed but his arms nd hands started contracting .dr recommend grafting.than we go for grafting nd had his grafting on both arms nd hands . but now after 1 nd half month those contracture are again appeared .there is a swelling . please suggest me what should we do? i m extremely worried.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Post burns contracture is very common. With children especially, since their bodies are going to keep growing, the grafted area will also keep contracting unfortunately. I suggest you take a second opinion from a pediatric plastic surgeon for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.